Why this course?
MATLAB Simulation plays a very important role in the research and development of engineering projects, products, and systems. It helps to predict the performance of the system, to validate control strategies, and saves the time of product development.
MATLAB offers incredible flexibility to design, test, and analyze the power electronics converter with the help of built-in ‘simulink’ and ‘simpowersystem/simscape’ library components. However, it is also of the same importance to know the limitations and constraints of the power switches available in the MATLAB library.
This course explains every detail required to understand the design of various power electronics converters with the help of MATLAB simulation.
Power electronics industries are booming in the market by taking place in almost every electronics product including low power chargers, medium to large scale solar charge controllers, high power industrial inverters, range of motor controllers, and HVDC transmission lines.
This course covers hands-on simulation practice starting from a very basic electric circuit to advanced result reporting skills.
In the first section (Ch 2) you will learn how to simulate basic AC & DC circuits with the help of MATLAB software. This section "Simulation of Electric Circuits" is designed for beginners and it explains all about simulation and analysis of electric circuits. It also explains better ways of representing results for reports and project documents. It covers formatting tips for better visualization and appearance of canvas which helps in representing simulation model as block diagram view by taking a screenshot of the canvas.
In the second section (Ch 3- Ch 6), you will learn how to simulate and analyze power electronics converters with the help of MATLAB software. It covers the simulation of all basic converters including chopper (DC/DC), Inverter (DC/AC), Regulator (AC/AC), and phase-controlled rectifier (AC/DC). It includes designing power circuit and control circuits both. It also covers how these simulations can be used for effective analysis and a better understanding of power electronics circuits.
This course includes fully developed simulation files of more than 25 power electronics circuits.
- Required MATLAB software to practice & learn.
- Required basic knowledge of electric circuit theory & electrical components(resistor, inductor and capacitor).
- Basic knowledge of power electronics converters is required; however this course also covers basic operation of converters.
What you'll learn
- What is Power Electronics?
- What is MATALB Simulation?
- How to develop basic simulation models.
- How to develop simulation model of electrical circuits.
- How to develop simulation model of power electronics converters
- Parameter setting of power circuit’s and control circuit’s components
- How to improve analysis, formatting and result reporting.
- Simulation & analysis of buck converter (DC/DC)
- Simulation of analysis of boost converter (DC/DC)
- Simulation of analysis of buck-boost converter (DC/DC)
- Simulation & analysis of single phase square-wave inverter (DC/AC)
- Simulation & analysis of single phase modified square-wave inverter (DC/AC)
- Simulation & analysis of single phase sine-wave inverter (DC/AC)
- Simulation & analysis of three phase inverter (DC/AC)
- Simulation & analysis of single phase controlled rectifier (AC/DC)
- Simulation & analysis of cosine firing scheme
- Simulation & analysis of three phase controlled rectifier (AC/DC)
- Simulation & analysis of ac regulator (AC/AC)
- Simulation & analysis of integral cycle ac controller (AC/AC)
- Simulation & analysis of ac chopper (AC/AC)
- Perks: Includes more than 25 ready MATLAB simulation files as attachment
Who this course is for:
- It is best for final & pre-final year students of electrical, electronics & power electronics engineering branch. Course will be very useful to the post graduate students for their dissertation/project work.
- Course benefited most who wish to work on power electronic based project.
- Attached simulations can be used as laboratory experiments alternative to physical hardware practice.
Dr. Jignesh Makwana received Phd degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, in 2013. He is teaching power electronics, electric drives, control system & other subject in engineering colleges since last 15 years. He served as a associate professor and Head of Department, Electrical Engineering, faculty of technology at Marwadi University, Rajkot from 2013 to 2017. Currently He is providing consultancy service to many industries for product design and development related to electric drives and power electronics. Know more...
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
See what others have to say.....
"The course provides a good level to understand how to use Matlab - Simulink for power electronics applications.Thank you very much. Regards, Alex"
- Alex Pachacama
"Muy buena, se comprende bastante por el momento."
- Jeann Carlos Barragán
"Literally speaking, I thought that this course will only provide me basics of Matlab. But it is one of the best courses I have ever watch for MatLab. Also, it provides in detail simulation of power electronics."
- Alok Manishkumar Patel
"Yes, I like it very much"
- Chappidi Suresh
"excellent and useful for me"
- Y.Praveen Kumar Reddy
"Content is very good for beginners to Simulink/Matlab."
- Sreejith S
"Good. The Simulink experience was lovely. I learnt a valuable lot from this."
- Valentine Tochukwu Obiora
- Chandra Sekhar Ashok
"I am really appreciate the way he explaining every thing and making easy to understand"
"Hace que conceptos teoricos complejos sean faciles de entender, las simulaciones estan bien elaboradas y tiene muy buen dominio del tema."
- Jorge Johnny Chipana Machaca
"Excellent Power electronics Matlab review."
"It’s really helpful for power electronics engineer"
- Nil Patel