Why this course?
This course is designed to help EV enthusiastic of all age to start Electric Vehicle Projects and Prototype Development.
This course does not include differential equations and dynamic modeling, but beside, it has much more to offer for from basic Electrical Vehicle Calculations, Demonstration & Practice. This course is a bundle to provide information, knowledge and practice.
At the end of EV Calculation Section, you will be excited to solve specially designed assignment for finding, EV motor rating, torque, range of vehicle and complete data sheet of your EV Project. It is not about only mathematical equations, but you will also learn about many fundamental concepts too.
No prerequisite for starting EV Project and Calculation as this course starts from basic electrical and mechanical parameters.
What you'll learn
- How to calculate required Average Motor Power
- How to calculate Gear Ratio
- Type of Electric Bicycle & PAS
- How to calculate Battery & Vehicle Range
- How to obtain Rated Vehicle Speed
- How to obtain torque developed by motor
- How to obtain motor efficiency
- How to obtain rated vehicle speed
- How to calculate cost of electricity bill for single charge
- How to calculate running cost of vehicle for per km travel
- How to calculate battery replacement cost for per km
- How to estimate charging time from C-rating of battery
- About different Motors, Controller, Battery, Throttle and other Mechanical aspects.
- Starting Electric Vehicle Project and Building Prototype.
- Connection of Motor, Controller and other Accessories.
- About Electric Vehicle Industries of India and Startups
Who this course is for:
- Any Electric Vehicle Enthusiastic of all age
- Anyone interested in starting Electric Vehicle Project
- Engineering Students working on EV Projects
Dr. Jignesh Makwana received Phd degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, in 2013. He is teaching power electronics, electric drives, control system & other subject in engineering colleges since last 15 years. He served as a associate professor and Head of Department, Electrical Engineering, faculty of technology at Marwadi University, Rajkot from 2013 to 2017. Currently He is providing consultancy service to many industries for product design and development related to electric drives and power electronics. Know more...
Start3.1: Average Power Calculations (10:44)
Start3.2: Motor Specifications & Calculations (18:04)
Start3.3: Battery Specifications & Calculations (17:38)
Start3.4: Gear Ratio Calculations (19:50)
Start3.5: Battery Range in Km per Charge (4:10)
Start3.6: Cost of Electricity Bill & Cost per km (4:42)
Start3.7: Battery lifecycle & Battery replacement cost (6:28)
Start3.8: Battery Charging Time (2:37)
Start3.9: Real Cost of an Electric Vehicle (12:43)
StartAssignement - 1: Average Power Calculations
StartAssignement - 2: Maximum Speed & Gear Ratio Calculations
StartAssignement - 3: Power & Torque Calculations
StartAssignement - 4: Battery Capacity & Range Calculations
StartAssignement - 5: Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
See what others have to say about this course.....
"Yes, it was a good match to what I was looking for. The concepts were quite clearly explained and I feel it is good for the starters as well as for people with some experience in the industry."
- Saswat Kumar Sahu
- Abhijit Walwadkar
"Class understand easily"
- Alankar Honrao
"Good content, learned and clarified many things on electric vehicles which were easy and confusing."
- Sanket Gurunand Howal
"This is the best course I have ever come across. Thank you so much..."
- Dhaval Vora